Marching Right into Auto Enthusiast Season
What Concours, event or rally to look for now that March is upon us!
- Geneva Auto Show – The world famous Geneva Auto Show in the populous Swiss city is one of the most famous in the world. Temperatures and snow may still be in abundance over in the Alps, but this will be a time for some major players unveiling new concepts and models. Recently, McLaren has introduced the specs on the new 720S it plans to officially unveil at the show. As well, Ferrari will use this platform to formally introduce the 812 Superfast, a fresh and more powerful take on the F12 Berlinetta. Also, recent pictures on the web of the new Pagani Huayra Roadster have been surfacing with plans to officially unveil the unicorn-esque car at the show. The Geneva Auto Show will open its doors to the media on Tuesday, March 7th. Check back for more updates!
- Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance – Kicking off the Concours season in style at the East Coast’s most prestigious Concours: Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance will begin Friday, March 10th. Throughout the weekend, automotive enthusiasts are treated to an exquisite time abound with auctions, charming friends and automotive royalty. The arid and temperate climate of early spring in northeast Florida is the perfect opportunity for enthusiasts to participate in auctions, test drives and seminars, with the Concours offering special anniversary tributes to Al Unser, Sr. and the Jaguar D-type.
- La Jolla Concours d’Elegance – Taking place during the weekend of April 7-9, the La Jolla Concours d’Elegance is one of the West Coast’s most ethereal and sublime Concours. On the lawn of La Jolla Cove overlooking the crystal blue waters of the Pacific Ocean in southern California, this Concours features special vintage and one-off cars. The sweetness and overall atmosphere at La Jolla is rarely matched. To find out more information and book tickets, visit here – www.lajollaconcours.com.
- 27th Annual Bell Lexus North Scottsdale Copperstate 1000 –
Not only is the Concours season kicking off, but also spring is the time for rally season. The first rally of the spring will be held in Arizona, beginning and ending in Tempe, Ariz., April 1-5.The route for 2017 is secret, but the 1,000 miles of this rally will feature breathtaking scenic views of the desert and mountainous regions of northern Arizona on some of the best two-lane roads in the country. Registration has already concluded, but visit www.copperstate1000.com for more information.
- 27th Annual California Mille – The elegant California Mille is 1,000 miles of some of the purest and most refined driving in the state, traveling over the central coast of California and more mountainous regions below San Francisco. The rally, beginning April 23rd and finishing April 27th, will feature 60 cars limited to racing performance and model built prior to 1958. This spectacular, yet intimate rally takes participants through some of the most prestigious automotive enthusiast routes. For more information, visit www.californiamille.com.